Theme has built-in “Content Builder” for page and portfolio. Basically you can select available content modules. Once your selected, it will open a popup which you can setup options for selected module. Once you finish adjusting options. Click “Update” and save changes on page. You can change content order using drag and drop in content builder box. Here are detailed overview about it.
Enable Content Builder
When you edit page/portfolio. By default you can customise its content using WordPress visual editor. However if you want to use Content Builder instead. Simply click “Edit in Content Builder” button under page title field.
When you first enable Content Builder. You will have empty Content Builder content and you can add content module or import existing templates to start working with Content Builder.
To enter live view. You can click on monitor icon on the top right of Content Builder control bar. In live mode, there are 2 main areas.
- Overview – on the left side. It will displays all content s blocks on current page.
- Preview – on the right side. It will displays live preview of current Content Builder page.
Content Builder Control Bar Overview
Please find above image to see all Content Builder control bar buttons. We will cover detail of all features later in this article.
When you click templates button. It will open templates popup option. There are 2 type of templates.
- My Templates – It’s your saved templates.
- Predefined Templates – It has all predefined templates which you can see on demo site.
Save as Template
Simply enter template name field and click “Save” button. It save your current Content Builder page as new template.
Import Predefined Template
Click on “Predefined Templates” tab. It will open all predefined templates available. When you move mouse over each page. It will displays link icon which you can click to open demo page of that template. If you want to import it, simply click on page you want.
Add New Content
You can click “Add Content” or plus icon to add new content. It will open add new content popup. You can switch to each tab to select content you want. It will also display preview screenshot of content. Once you want to add a new content. Simply click on content you want.
It will open a popup with module’s options. Customise all options as you want and click Update. If you edit in live mode, the preview area will be refresh and displays updated content instantly.
Content Action options
When you move mouse over each content module. You will see set of actions available.
- Add after – You can click this icon to add new content after this content block.
- Edit – You can click this icon to edit this content option. It will open popup options of selected content.
- Duplicate – You can click this icon to duplicate this content and it will be added after this content.
- Remove – You can click this icon to remove this content.
In overview area of live mode. You can do following to inspect content block.
- Click – when you click on it. On live preview area, it will scroll to clicked block.
- Double Click – when you double click it. It will open edit popup option for selected content block.