First thing to create event content is to create aevent post. Theme has various post options for you display different content on your event.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Events > Add New Event
- Enter event title and content. You can use any shortcode or HTML Editing Fields.
- Upload event featured image using set featured box on the bottom right side. All event pages will use this image for event preview image and thumbnail.
- Once you finish, click Publish.
- Event Date – Date of this event.
- From – Begin time of this event.
- To – End time of this event.
- Event Location – Address for this event ex. 34 Kingstong Road, United Kingdom
- Get Direction on Google Map (optional) – Check this option if you want to find map with direction using location above.
- Buy Ticket URL (optional) – Enter URL where visitor can buy ticket for this event.
Organise Event by Event Categories
If you want to categorised event items by sectors ex. Photography, Exhibition etc. You can do that easily.
- Open WordPress Dashboard > Events > Event Categories You will see list of for example event category you have.
- If you don’t have any, please create one first so you can assign event items to it.
- Now back to edit event page. Look at “event categories” box and you will see list of your current event categories. Check one you want to assign this event to and save changes.
How to add event category page
Basically when you crate event categories. WordPress automatically added these pages for you. You just have to find the url of it or add it to main menu. Open Appearance > Menus and select for example “Event Categories” you want to add to main menu.
But if you couldn’t see this option. Click “Screen Options” at the top right of edit menu page and check “Event Categories” options.
Create a Event Page using Page Template
Once you create event posts. To display your event on page, you have to create a event page. Here are the steps to create a event page.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Pages and click Add New
- Add page title and content. Then find Page Template option.
- Select template begin with Event… as page template.
- Once you are done. Click Publish button.