If you try to import the sample demo data, but errors has occurred in installation process or the progress process hangs up. The following information is possible root causes.
Possible causes for failing in importing demo
- Your file upload size, execution limits, and/or PHP memory are set too low
- Your web hosting might use Process Monitor Software that prevent bulk processing on their web servers.
- You set “wp_debug = true”. In this case, please change this parameter to “wp_debug = false” for importing your WP Config file
Recommended PHP Configuration Limits
- max_execution_time = 120
- memory_limit = 128M
- post_max_size = 32M
- upload_max_filesize = 32M
If you fail in importing demo with error message or the progress process hangs up, you might be suffered from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process.
Therefore, please contact your web hosting and request them to increase PHP setting to a minimum as follows.
Workaround for failing in importing demo
Basically our demo contents are very large so it’s required certain server limitation in order to work properly. However for some server limitation settings. Even you have all system status green, it also has additional settings to kill PHP process which is running for certain for time, in this case importing process so demo importer can’t work.
For workaround. You can import demo content without images and here are steps.
- Select which demo you want to import for example Demo1.
- Navigate to /wp-content/themes/grandnews/cache/demos/importer/demo1
- You will find 4 files there. 2 XML files 1.xml, 1_woo.xml which you can use them to import demo content using WordPress Importer plugin 1.xml is contained standard WordPress page/post content and 1_woo.xml is contained also Woocommerce shop content (Woocommerce plugin is required)
- Navigate to Tools > Import > WordPress and select for example 1.xml file and click Upload file. Make sure you leave “Download and import file attachments” option unchecked.
- Next you have to install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/go-live-update-urls/ to update all URLs.
- Navigate to Tools > Go Live and enter URLs to update depends on which demo you imported for example Demo1 http://themes.themegoods2.com/grandnews/demo1/ and enter your site URL.
How to remove the duplicated demo content
If you would like to remove the duplicated demo content, two ways are providing as following details.
- WP Reset Plugin – In case, you would like to reset the WordPress default theme.This plugin will remove all content that you imported from your theme in your database and set the WordPress Default theme activated. This does not delete plugins but deactivate instead. For other setting, this plugin will remove all including pages, posts, menus, sliders, theme option, and widget data and so on. Click Here to Download.
- Manual Removal – In case, you would like to remove some of duplicated items manually.This method involved the manual removal of duplicated items. For instance, go to appearance > menus and then remove the duplicated items one by one. Also, you can applies these steps for pages posts, menus, and so on.